Gordon Waters / Station Manager
Gordon joined the Braidwood FM team in early 2010 as our IT guru.
Gordon has extensive experience working with IT systems and basically anything to do with computers. He runs his own business, “Highgate IT” servicing Braidwood and the surrounding district, providing his skills and expertise to both businesses and individuals.
Gordon maintains Braidwood FM’s on-air computer management system as well as our internet, email and website set-ups, and is another valued member of the Braidwood FM team.
In July 2015 Gordon was handed the role of Station Manager with the departure of Rob Davidson. He now looks after the day-to-day running of the studio.
Since taking on the role of Station Manager in 2015, Gordon has been involved in bringing the station up to date.
Some of the advancements to 2BRW that Gordon has been involved in include;
- Manager the installation of the new studio at the services club
- Bring Internet / Streaming / SMS text line to the studio
- Secure the purchase of an Outside Broadcast van with support from the Braidwood Community Bank
- investigate and purchase New studio equipment, Broadcast quality console, and microphones with support from the Community Broadcasting Foundation
- Increased the transmitter power from 100W to 2KW and installation of the new transmitter and associated equipment.
- Installation of a 10Kva UPS for Transmitter
- Leading the team with the Nov-Jan 2020 bush-fire reporting
- Installation of a 10Kva Deisel generator at the transmitter site
In 2020 Gordon was awarded the QPRC Australia Day Award for Citizen of the Year for Braidwood for services to Braidwood Community Radio over the past 10 years.